Friday, August 25, 2017

Have a Magical Birthday

I have a friend who loves Harry Potter books and movies so I made this card for her upcoming birthday.  It is using an image from Mo Manning and a sentiment from TLC, Create.  I was even able to get papers from Sweet Shoppe to match.
I actually have another project to post....but it will have to wait until later....I'm tired and need sleep.  My daughter is coming for the weekend with her pup, Gus.  The 4 pound Teddybear will terrorize my two Siamese cats.  Her boyfriend has a golf outing so I am glad that I will get to spend some time with her.  It has been cool for August with temps only getting to 70 the last couple of days, but at least we haven't had any rain.  I'm just glad that I get to spend some time with my daughter before she starts teaching again.  And, I am hoping to find a job and go back to work since I am starting to go a little stir crazy.  I did agree to help a friend babysit some toddlers next week so yikes....I'm used to working with adults, hehe.  She has prepped me since I have gone with her several times with her VERY active Grandsons to the zoo and for walks.  So later I will post my Halloween project.





Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Adventure Magic
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinatiions;  Recollections
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Wizard Boy (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Have a Magical Birthday (see above for a direct link)
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Spellbinder:  Grand Circle
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix
Jute:  May Arts
Buttons:  Stash
Bling:  Mark Richards
Stickles

Challenges
Mo Manning - August Challenge
Cupcake Inspiration - Ch. 419 World of Wizards and Witches
CHNC Patterned - August
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
International Art & Soul - Ch. 15 Layer it Up
Creatalicious - Ch. 121 Anything Goes with optional Glitter/bling
Incy Wincy - Go Wild

16 comments:

Sall said...

Such a fun card and gosh those cakes look good. Thank you for supporting International Art and Soul, I love seeing your creativity and imagination at work. We hope to see your inspiring talent again in the near future. Love ‘n’ hugs Sall, International Art and Soul DT

Maria Giselle B. said...

Such a fun Harry Potter inspired card. Have a good mother & daughter bonding. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Go Wild Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Awesome card Lisa Lynn! I think you've nailed the Harry Potter theme! Fabulous coloring and papers! Enjoy your time with your daughter...mine started school this past Monday. AND good luck with babysitting and the job hunt!

Brenda

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Lisa Lynn. Wonderful colours for this great Harry Potter fan. Enjoy your weekend with your daughter. Pat K x

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

CupcakeInspirations said...

What a wonderful combination of colors, papers, and embellishments! Just wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie

Margaret said...

Terrific card for the Harry Potter fan. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge. Good luck with the baby sitting.
Hugs
Margaret M DT

TaeEun said...

What a fun birthday card for a Harry Potter fan! Great coloring and awesome layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

aussie aNNie said...

Fun and magical card. Loving this. [aNNie]

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Lisa Lynn,

so viele wunderschöne Karten hast du schon wieder gestaltet. Sie gefallen mir alle sehr gut. Ich wünsche dir ein wunderschönes Wochenende. Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and your friend will love it-great co-ordinating B.paper and enjoy the weekend with your daughter and gus
Carol x

Chrissy said...

I love the magic of Harry Potter..FABulous card Lisa Lynn..

luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the image, the papers, the design, the colouring, the buttons, OK, I LOVE EVERYTHING :)
Faith
x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic card and the papers are just perfect too! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt

Melanie said...

A lovely birthday card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional glitter/bling” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy during my 5-week-trip to Africa…

sanpiseth40 said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!
บุนเดสลีกา